Tarangire River Camp is located beside Tarangire River. The surrounding landscape is dominated by baobab and acacia trees which form part of a unique ecosysytem. It is located in the concession are set aside for conservation by the Minjingu community. There are large herds of elephants and other wildlife
Tarangire River Camp has on offer 20 spacious tents. The rooms types include:
- 16 Double Tents
- 4 Triple/ Family Tents
The tents are built up on stilts and feature generous wooden decks, with private verandahs and have thatched roofs. The rooms have en suite bathrooms with a shower, basin on wooden stand, flush toilet, Luggage rack, bedside tables, clothes hanger, hot water in the evenings, cool water in the mornings. The beds are under completely enclosed in mosquito netting.
Lounge and Dining
The Lounge and dining and constructed of wood and thatch. This is an open sided structure with a central lobby area and upstairs outlook area.
- Public 2-room toilet block with wash hand basin
- Outdoor sundowner area with camp fire, attached to main deck
- Electricity: 24/7 from Generators/Batteries/Inverters
- Water: Borehole – good and clean but slightly brackish
- Communications: mobile phone coverage, internet for Office use only
- Laundry: daily service, requires sun to dry clothes
- Baby Sitting Facilities can be arranged evenings only.
- Small curio/gift shop (belongs to Maasai)
- First Aid
- Maasai Nature Walk – accompanied by clients driver/guide $5 per person
- Barbeque on request only and at an extra cost
- Maasai Dancing on request only and at an extra cost