Located within the Singita Grumeti Reserve in North Western Tanzania in what is known as the Western Corridor stands Sabora Tented Camp which dishes up lavish doses of romance, exploration and intrigue. Creating the feel of a lavish tent, each canvas cocoon offers opulent luxury complete with antique mahogany travel chests, Persian rugs and silk curtains. Sip sundowners on the deck and gaze over the waterhole – you never know what you might see. At Sabora, we delight in creating delicious feasts using locally grown organic produce, coupled with vintage wines, in surprise settings. Imagine dining beneath a lamp-lit acacia or under the boughs of a large ‘Sausage’ tree, with starlit skies and the distant chorus of nocturnal creatures.
Sabora Tented Camp 9 luxury air-conditioned tents each featuring an en suite bathroom with a bath and outdoor shower, dressing area, reading area, viewing deck with Swarovski spotting scope and a library lounge tent. The camp accommodates 18 guests. Each tent has an electronic safe, standing fan, hairdryer, direct dial telephone (US lines) and wireless internet access.
The main area of the camp offers a dining room, bar lounge with satellite television, DVD player and library, elevated viewing deck and a swimming pool.
Food and Beverage
Highly-trained chefs are available to take care of any culinary needs. Please inform the camp before arrival of any special dietary requirements. A wide selection of fine wines, champagnes, cognacs and cigars are available.
Guests have access to a wide range of activities, including:
- Game drives and walks with professional guides
- Fun activities such as archery, lawn croquet, badminton, star-gazing safaris and mountain biking are all available
- There are tennis courts at Sabora Tented with a choice of surfaces
- Spa facilities are available
- Wireless internet access and satellite television are available
Private Land Rovers
All safaris are conducted in open Land Rovers with a maximum of six guests per vehicle (shared). However, should you want complete privacy it is possible to hire a vehicle on a private basis. Sole use of Land Rovers will need to be reserved well in advance. Prices available on request.
Sabora Tented Camp is family-friendly and children over the age of 10 are welcome at the camp under parental supervision. Children under 10 years old can be accommodated if the lodge is booked on an exclusive use basis.
- Twice-daily scheduled flights are available from Arusha, and private charters can be arranged, all of which land at Sasakwa airstrip
- Flying time from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Grumeti is one and a half hours
- Flying time from Arusha Airport is one and a quarter hours
- Road transfer from Arusha is approximately 9 1/2 hours. Private Charters are available into Sasakwa airstrip
Need to know
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Electricity: 110 converters are available at each lodge Power: 220 AV
- Check-in: 14h00. Check-out: 11h00
- Health requirements: Yellow Fever inoculations are compulsory when entering East Africa. Contact your doctor or travel clinic beforehand
- Guests to bring binoculars
- Luxurious all-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, teas and coffees
- Two open Land Rover safaris per day accompanied by an experienced game ranger
- Mountain biking, walking, tennis and archery
- Laundry and valet services subject to certain conditions and restrictions
- Drinks while on the Land Rover safaris
- All drinks, including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs (excluding vintage champagne and vintage wines on the connoisseurs wine list)
- Boutique purchases
- Air transfers to and from the lodges
- Health spa treatments
- Use of private Land Rover
Since Singita Game Reserves is situated in a Malaria region, it is essential to ensure that appropriate prophylactics be taken throughout the year. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information. Yellow Fever inoculations are compulsory.