Pole Pole Resort is located in the Chole Bay area, near Utende village on the southeast coast of the Mafia Island Marine Park in the Indian Ocean. Pole Pole Resort is set in a tropical garden on a beach front property. It is a low environmental impact resort with a state-of-the-art phyto-purification plant which is a special process of treating waste water to prevent environmental pollution.
Pole Pole Resort offers accommodation in 7 bungalows. The bungalows are constructed out of local timber. The bungalows are raised on stilts each with its own private verandah which has a Zanzibari bed for relaxation and siestas. There is a large bedroom with en suite bathroom. The furniture is a combination of carved and antique pictures. Family rooms are available. There are ceiling fans both in the room and on the verandah.
- Bar/ Restaurant
- Beach ‘kitenge’ (local cloth) for use on boats and beach
- Hot and Cold Water available 24 hours
- Hair dryer (available at reception)
- Gift and Essential items available for purchase
- Credit Cards accepted
- Safe deposit box available at the reception
- Boat excursions
- 4 x 4 vehicle excursions
- Walking and light trekking
- Picnics to sandbanks, islets, etc.
- Scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing
- Visit local villages