Kirurumu Manyara Lodge (aka Kirurumu Tented Lodge) is a quaint lodge set on the edge of the Gregorian Escarpment of the Great Rift Valley. It has panoramic views overLake Manyara. The Kirurumu river runs nearby the lodge. Its located approximately 15 minutes away from the Manyara Airstrip.
Kirurumu has a total of 27 rooms. The room types are:
- 12 Twins (used also as singles)
- 4 Doubles
- 4 Triple family rooms
- 2 Family suites
- 2 Honeymoon suites
This permanent tented lodge is built on wooden stilts, with wooden flooring and thatch roofing. Each tented room has scenic views from the verandah. The tents are en suite with high pressure showers.
Dining & Bar
Kirurumu Tented Lodge dining is built on a wooden deck with an open-sided dining room. The menu consists of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs from their organic garden.
The bar is rock enclosed and has on offer a variety of alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages. They also have a selection of fine wines. The bar has a sun-deck from which one can take in the panoramic views of the rift valley.
- Board games available
- Telephone facilities at reception
- Ethno-botanical walks with knowledgeable and informative local Maasai
- Horse riding – 1 hour up to 4 days (including fly camps)
- Mountain biking (half day trips)
- Trekking: One to three days (with support vehicle or trekking just with the Maasai and donkeys) including unusual treks to Mt. Losimingori, the Crater Highlands & Mt. Makarot, Lake Eyasi, Empakaai Crater and Olmoti.
- Fly camping in forests on special request