Kinasi Lodge is a haven of tranquility and privacy. It is situated in a coconut and cashew plantation facing Chole Bay on Mafia Island. Initially, Kinasi Lodge started off as a private home, and as such it has a homely feel. Kinasi Lodge is located in the south-east of Mafia Island
Mafia Island is in essence an island paradise for the active beachcomber, adventure divers, sports fishermen, bird-watchers or simply relaxation.
Kinasi Lodge has a total of 14 cottages that are spread out for total privacy. The styling of the rooms is unique to Kinasi Lodge as it is referred to as ‘Shirazi’ style, which is an eclectic combination of coastal Tanzania, African, Indian and Arab cultures. This is reflected in the furniture and furnishings at Kinasi Lodge.
All bungalows have a large bed with mosquito net, en suite bathroom, large verandah. Room service is available: morning tea and coffee with fresh biscuits and cakes, sundowners and cocktails, delicious food and attention to any requests you may have.
Kinasi Lodge has 2 types of dining facilities:
- Main Dining
- Pool Bar & Grill
The Main Dining Room serves breakfast & dinner. While the Pool Bar & Grill serves buffet lunch & afternoon tea. The cuisine is a mixture of European and Eastern with an emphasis on seafood, fresh local produce, grills and home-made condiments. Themed dinners are available (e.g. Swahili Night). Room service is available.
- private beach (subject to tides)
- swimming pool
- library & CD collection
- board games
- video & satellite TV
- slideshows in the evening
- gift shop
- small conferences and workshops facilities
- wedding ceremonies arrangement
- tours arrangement
- two light aircrafts for scenic flights
- road & walking excursions
- nature walks & bird-watching
- beach football, volleyball, badminton, water polo, …
- scuba diving & all levels training
- light sport fishing, bottom fishing & beach casting
- windsurfing & traditional outrigger ‘ngalawas’ (with local fishermen)
- boat excursions