Katuma Bush Lodge is situated in the centre of the Katavi National Park, on an elevated point overlooking the vast plains of Katisunga. Herds of animals come in search of fresh grazing grounds and water provide the perfect view right from your tent. Tamarind and Acacia trees provide shade and the sunsets behind the distant woodlands surrounding the seasonal lake provide a perfect background to the stunning scenery.
Katuma Bush Lodge consists of ten spacious tents. The tents are built up on raised wooden platform, and under thatch roofing. The room types are as follows:
- 8 Double Bedded Rooms
- 2 Twin Bedded Rooms
The in room facilities include: Four poster beds with mosquito netting, En-suite bathroom with shower, basin on a wooden fitted cupboard, flush toilet, Hot and Cold running water throughout the day, bathroom accessories, Bottled water and Drinking glasses, Bedside tables, Luggage rack, Dressing table and chair, Power point for charging of electrical equipment and deck with chairs and coffee table for viewing animals in their natural surroundings.
Dining and Lounge
Katuma Bush Lodge has a combined Lounge and Dinging area constructed from hardwood under a thatched roof. The dining offers international cuisine. Barbeque dinners, bush lunches and more on offer. Special dietary needs are catered for with advance notice.
Children of all ages are welcome at the Lodge and on Game activities (no Children under 12years are permitted on Walking Safaris). All young children should be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times whilst at the Lodge. No Baby Sitting Services available.
- Swimming Pool
- Public Toilet block with Wash basin
- Sundeck with Camp fire / Sundowners area
- Electricity throughout the day from Battery banks/Inverters. Minimal hours from Generators
- Water pumped from borehole, Not suitable for drinking
- Satellite phone and Hand held Radio and HF Radio
- Mobile Phone Coverage: Airtel and Vodacom
- Safe in Manager’s Office
- First Aid Kit
Katuma Bush Lodge has plenty of wildlife at your doorstep, but there are many activities to be enjoyed such as:
- Game Drives open 4 x 4 Land Cruiser
- Walking Safaris
- Fly Camping
How to get there
Katavi is accessible by air, road and also train (up to Mpanda town). The easiest and most convenient way of getting to Katavi is by flying. There are two airstrips at Katavi where light aircrafts can land.
Shared Air Charter
- Shared Charters are available on Mondays and Thursdays only.
- Private Charters are available daily
- Vehicle transfer from airstrip to the Lodge
Katuma Bush Lodge is closed from the 26th of February to 15th of May
- A moderate level of fitness is required for Walking Safaris
- Walking Safaris should be pre-booked
- No credit card facilities at the Lodge