South West of Zanzibar Island stands Fumba Beach Lodge set on 40 acres of exquisite wilderness with three naturally sheltered beaches. Fumba Beach Lodge is situated only 30 minutes drive from Zanzibar’s International airport in Stone Town. Three naturally formed coves protect the beaches around the lodge and provide seclusion and tranquility.
Fumba Beach Lodge has 26 whitewashed Zanzibari style en-suite bungalows with their own verandas, which are scattered along the beach ensuring private views of the Indian Ocean. The room types are as follows:
- 20 Deluxe rooms
- 4 Suites with extra roof top Terrace
- 2 Baobab suites with open-air bathroom
The bathrooms have both a bath and shower, wash hand basin, flush toilet, towels, soap, shampoo, cream. All rooms are supplied with fans and mosquito nets above the beds, mosquito spray & coils, candles.
Deluxe Rooms: The twenty deluxe rooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, private terrace and stunning ocean view, are spaciously suitable for families, couples or individuals.
Fumba Beach Lodge has an open air restaurant where you can enjoy the exquisitely prepared fresh seafood along with a tantalizing array of international and local dishes. The open-air restaurant is located around the swimming pool and overlooks the beach.
- Dhow beach bar
- Swimming pool
- Zanzibar-style “Baobab Spa” – massage, feet & hand beauty treatments, Jacuzzi, henna painting
- Dive Centre: diving, dive courses, snorkeling
- Wind surfing and kayak rentals
- Snorkel and diving picnic excursions to Komonda Island or Pungume Sandbank
- Special treats & arrangements for honeymooners
- Day excursions: Stone Town, Jozani Forest, Prison Island or Spice Tour
- Safari Blue Cruise – day cruise on a traditional sailing dhow with snorkeling, picnic and drinks
- Dhow transfer to Unguja Lodge, picnic & snorkel en route – see the new Swahili House, Fumba & Unguja package
Family friendly, baby cot available