Singita’s Faru Faru Lodge is located within the Singita Grumeti Reserve in North Western Tanzania in what is known as the Western Corridor. It is situated on a slope, basking in the abundance of animal species and birdlife around it. It presents a contemporary signature style to safari. Inspired by a botanical theme, this riverside lodge offers barefoot elegance in a laid-back rustic setting. The organic lines of two rim-flow swimming pools echo those of a watering hole that lies just below. The elevated viewing decks over the watering hole allow guests to view game without even leaving the lodge, and a Swahili-inspired ‘beach’ offers the opportunity for some serious rest and relaxation. The contrast of stone and canvas against cutting-edge design and comfortable furnishings is integrated in eight open-style suites and one Villa Suite.
Faru Faru Lodge has 8 air-conditioned en suite suites, with a bath and outdoor shower, and the Villa Suite. There is a dedicated family suite suitable for a family of four and the Villa Suite is ideal for couples travelling together as it can accommodate 4 adults. Faru Faru can accommodate 22 guests. Each suite has a reading area, a huge picture window, personal bar and fridge, and a deck with Swarovski spotting scope. Suites have electronic safes, overhead fans, hairdryers, direct dial telephones with US lines and wireless internet access.
The Villa Suite is made up of two identical double bedrooms and a large shared open space lounge/dining area. The bedrooms are en-suite with a bath & outdoor shower.
The main lodge area offers a dining room, bar lounge with satellite television, DVD player and library, outdoor barbeque area and The Singita Shop. Viewing decks overlooking the waterhole are positioned alongside the heated swimming pool. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated with advance notice. A wide selection of fine wines, champagnes, cognacs and cigars are available.
Guests have access to a wide range of activities, including:
- Game drives and walks with professional guides
- Fun activities such as archery, lawn croquet, badminton, star-gazing safaris and mountain biking are all available
- Spa facilities are available at all the lodge
- Yoga and gym facilities are available at Faru Faru Lodge
- Wireless internet access and satellite television are available
Private Land Rovers
All safaris are conducted in open Land Rovers with a maximum of six guests per vehicle (shared). However, should you want complete privacy it is possible to hire a vehicle on a private basis. Sole use of Land Rovers will need to be reserved well in advance. Prices available on request.
Faru Faru Lodge is family-friendly and children over the age of 10 are welcome at the lodge under parental supervision. Children under 10 years old can be accommodated if the lodge is booked on an exclusive use basis.
- Twice-daily scheduled flights are available from Arusha, and private charters can be arranged, all of which land at Sasakwa airstrip
- Flying time from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Grumeti is one and a half hours
- Flying time from Arusha Airport is one and a quarter hours
- Road transfer from Arusha is approximately 9 1/2 hours. Private Charters are available into Sasakwa airstrip
Need to know
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Electricity: 110 converters are available at each lodge Power: 220 AV
- Check-in: 14h00. Check-out: 11h00
- Health requirements: Yellow Fever inoculations are compulsory when entering East Africa. Contact your doctor or travel clinic beforehand
- Guests to bring binoculars
- Luxurious all-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, teas and coffees
- Two open Land Rover safaris per day accompanied by an experienced game ranger
- mountain biking, walking, tennis and archery
- Laundry and valet services subject to certain conditions and restrictions
- Drinks while on the Land Rover safaris
- All drinks, including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs (excluding vintage champagne and vintage wines on the connoisseurs wine list)
- Boutique purchases
- Air transfers to and from the lodges
- Health spa treatments
- Use of private Land Rover
- Certain special meal requests
Since Singita Game Reserves is situated in a Malaria region, it is essential to ensure that appropriate prophylactics be taken throughout the year. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information. Yellow Fever inoculations are compulsory.