The Ecoscience Science Center & Luxury Lodge is a luxury boutique lodge located in Tarangire National Park. Designed by Spanish architect Maria Rodriguez-Carreño Villangomez, the design of the rooms and restaurant/ lounge are based on the Maasai hut. The design is modern and yet minimalistic. This property has two distinct functioning spaces: The Luxury Boutique Lodge and The Science Center. Being a quaint lodge privacy is of essence since there are large distances between the lodge rooms.
Ecoscience Science Center & Luxury Lodge has only 6 large rooms in the Lodge. Each room has a double bed, couch, wardrobe, office desk, en-suite bathroom, bathroom accessories, and a terrace. There is a spectacular view of Radilen hill, on the opposite side of the valley from every bed at the Lodge.
The Scientist Tents have a total of 8 tented rooms at the science center. There are:
- 6 rooms with 2 single beds
- 2 rooms with king size beds.
Several rooms can be organized as triples.
All rooms have bathrooms with shower / sink / toilet. Towels / soaps / shampoos included.
Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
Spectacular lodge restaurant with dining area /sitting area, reception, bar, toilets, shop with interesting items, grand piano for live entertainment, background classical music/jazz.
Science Center has its own Restaurant, Dining / Lounge in a huge tent.
Full board lodging, drinks included (local brands only). Vegetarian food on request. Cellar wines available. Early morning tea / coffee brought to your room (on request)
Small children not allowed. Minimum age: 10 years
- Water from bore-hole: of excellent quality
- Hot water with solar panels (and back up generators)
- Electricity with generators/solar panels. 220 V
- Guide/tour leader accommodation: at lodge / tents at normal rates
- Drivers accommodation: drivers rooms at the staff quarters, free of charge
- Internet – WIFI
- 2 rooms are accessible for disabled guests
- Daily scientific talks with resident scientists. Depending on the ongoing projects, tourist may be involved!
- Cultural visits to the local Maasai village
- Open the whole year. Low season : April / May
- Possibility to rent the entire lodge
- Check in: flexible, after 12 am |Check out: flexible, before 12am